Lamina Therapeutics is a biotechnology company, based in the Strasbourg Biomedicine Research Center, developing a new generation of implantable medical devices for regenerative medicine. Lamina’s technology consists of a three-dimensional biodegradable wound dressing with nano-reservoirs including active therapeutics in combination with patient’s own stem cells.
For our R&D program, they are looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic post-doctoral research fellow (Ph.D. or M.D./Ph.D. candidates) to take on the position of Bio Engineer at our Lamina Laboratory in Strasbourg (one year contract). Candidates need to have strong expertise in electrospinning, ISO quality, cellular and molecular biology, animal modelling, and a great enthusiasm for science. The applicant has to be fluent in English.
Position of Bio Engineer
You will be in charge of design and manufacturing of 3D Electrospun polymeric membranes, coordination of the membrane production and characterisation of stem cells and tissues. You will perform R&D activities concerning the safety, efficiency, and effectiveness of Lamina’s membranes and combination products. In addition, you will be responsible for setting up SOPs, obtaining ISO certification of Lamina’s laboratory, to become a GMP certified lab.
As a member of Prof. Nadia Jessel’s Laboratory at Lamina and RNM INSERM-UNISTRA UMR1260 at Strasbourg you will become an integrated member of a large group of basic and translational researchers and will be trained on various cutting-edge and state-of-art in vitro and in vivo techniques for the analyses and characterization of electrospun membranes, including the functionalization with active therapeutics. You will write technical reports and scientific manuscripts, publish research papers, present at scientific meetings and make recommendations based on research findings.
You will participate in partnership projects between Lamina and RNM (INSERM Strasbourg) concerning:
- Manufacturing and characterisation of the electrospun membranes
- Set up the quality control process & SOPs (Medical device QMS)
- Set up the ISO certification and start the GMP qualification
- Set up the CE mark process
- Set up the production and characterisation of stem cells under GMP
- Set up the advanced therapy medicinal product Quality Management System (ATMP)
- Polymeric membranes manufacturing by electrospinning and characterisation
- Stem cells (ATMPs) isolation and characterisation, cell culture experience and work in GLP/ GMP environment
- Ability to learn about new technologies
- Positive and proactive mindset
- Excellent communication skills (internal and external)
- ISO quality expertise
Master degree/ PhD /Equivalent experience in Electrospinning, Biology and ISO Quality
If you are interest to work in a dynamic and highly innovative environment, please submit a letter of interest, CV, a copy of a relevant publication, and names and contact details of three references to: